About four years ago, I was sitting on the floor of my small one bedroom apartment taking account of things that happened in my life. Some things were good, and some had me going, "what the hell was I thinking?" I had seen myself go from being married at the age of 26 to being divorced at 31. I was an author of two novels which only put my name out there but I wasn't on the New York Times Bestseller's list, truth be told I couldn't even crack the top 1000 seller's list on Amazon. I was single, I was miserable, I was disgusted with the person I had become. I was the one who always inspired others but I wasn't motivated enough to inspire myself. I sank into a small depression and for a year, I had very limited communication with people outside of work.
One day I had a talk with the woman in the mirror. The only person holding me back was me. I had been blessed with a tremendous talent, I was fortunate to be employed with a company that gave me access, why was I not fulfilled? So I sat down and wrote my feelings and I remember my mom sharing a very important biblical verse to me.
Habakkuk 2:2-3 says, And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. So four years ago, I wrote down the following:
1. Have a writing career that will inspire the lives of others that will in turn have a substantial financial
impact on me, my family, and my church.
2. Have a blessed marriage with a man whom God chooses for me.
3. Be blessed with a mentally and physically happy child or children.
4. Have a wonderful and affordable home filled with God's loving presence, peace, and open space.
5. Be a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show talking about a movie based on my book.
6. Traveling the world with my husband and child(ren) without worrying about cost.
7. Becoming a guest lecturer of creative writing at University level.
8. Being an active member in my church.
9. Becoming more extroverted and less worried about what others think of me.
10. Living a life that God wants me to live that will be a blessing to my child(ren) and their off-spring.
11. Only flying one to two trips or just enough hours to keep my insurance and flight benefits.
12. Starting a ministry for those who have a creative vision but just can't seem to get started on the right
Since then only 3 of the following have been fulfilled. The others will come at their appointed time. In September, 2010 I launched my own healthy beverage business. I know in order for it to be successful I must command God's words to speak on my behalf. My vision is that my company, "galliencafe" thrives and become a multi-million dollar company. This will come become I have the faith and God's word says, "wait, because it will surely come, it will not tarry."
This is my season and I believe God presents you with one opportunity in order for you to achieve what His purpose is for you. All you have to do is write it down.